The New York State Wireless Association (NYSWA) is pleased to announce a partnership with the SUNY Impact Foundation establishing the NYSWA /SUNY college scholarship for qualifying students interested in pursuing studies and careers in the wireless telecommunications industry.
Recognizing the critical importance at this moment in time of the intersection of mobile connectivity, workforce development, and higher education, the scholarship program is open to SUNY students at both its four-year and community college campuses.
The intent of this program is to foster interest among SUNY students for possible careers in the dynamic and growing NY-based wireless telecommunications industry. The NYSWA/SUNY scholarship is open to students with a variety of academic backgrounds in order to develop and recruit young talent to work in all aspects of the wireless telecommunications industry.
Support the SUNY Impact Foundation Scholarship
Join our community in helping students pursue their goals in the wireless industry. We ask that you consider making a donation of $100 (Mentor Level) or of $500 (Benefactor Level) by clicking the donation button below.
The eligibility requirements of the scholarship are:
- Candidates must be a degree candidate in either an associate and bachelor degree program at a state operated or community college campus. All majors may apply
- Preference will be given to students who have completed at least two semesters if enrolled in an associates degree program and completed at least four semesters if enrolled in a bachelors degree program
- Preference will be given to students who have completed an internship with a NYS Wireless Association member or who are a current employee
- Students enrolled exclusively in online learning are eligible to apply
- Eligible students must complete an online application
- Candidates will be required to provide a copy of their SUNY transcript
- A recommendation from a professor or campus employer will be required
Students enrolled in associates level degree programs are eligible for $1,000 scholarships. Students enrolled in a bachelor’s level degree program are eligible for a $2,000 scholarship.
For more information contact:
SUNY Impact Foundation: https://sunyimpactfoundation.org/contact/