The New York State Wireless Association, in partnership with the SUNY Impact Foundation, has established a non-tuition scholarship program for SUNY students at its state operated and community college campuses. The intent of this program is to develop interest and talent among SUNY students for working in the wireless telecommunications industry. This scholarship is open to students from a variety of academic backgrounds in order to develop young talent to serve wireless industry recruitment needs. The eligibility requirements of the scholarship are:
- Candidates must be a degree candidate in either an associate and bachelor degree program at a state operated or community college campus. All majors may apply.
- Preference will be given to students who have completed at least two semesters if enrolled in an associates degree program and completed at least four semesters if enrolled in a bachelors degree program
- Preference will be given to students who have completed an internship with a NYS Wireless Association member or who are a current employee
- Students enrolled exclusively in online learning are eligible to apply
- Eligible students must complete an online application
- Candidates will be required to provide a copy of their SUNY transcript.
- A recommendation from a professor or campus employer will be required.
Students enrolled in associates level degree programs are eligible for $1,000 scholarships. Students enrolled in a bachelors level degree program are eligible for a $2,000 scholarship.